What is The Veltheim Method of Lymphatic Drainage?
The Veltheim Method of Lymphatic Drainage (VMLD) is a highly effective way of moving interstitial fluid through the tissues and into the lymphatic system.
This simple technique is an energetic support to the lymphatic system which in turn impacts the immune and digestive systems, giving rise to numerous health benefits.
VMLD supports the lymphatic system and can change health dramatically!
Why is VMLD Important?
Healthy cells and tissues rely on a good flow of interstitial fluid around them to bring them oxygen and all the necessary nutrients and to remove any harmful substances. Sluggish circulation or stagnation of interstitial fluid around the cells and tissues leads to an unhealthy environment in which cellular waste products and toxins build up. This condition is harmful for the health of the cells and contributes to the development of many illnesses and diseases.
VMLD restores good movement of fluids surrounding the cells and tissues, removes the unhealthy environment so that cells can be nourished and return to health again.
If done regularly VMLD is great preventative healthcare!
Effective, Safe and Relaxing
Using gentle, wave-like movements over the body the interstitial fluid is stimulated to move back into the lymphatic system.
You can choose from having the treatment done on direct skin, over clothing or energetically off the body without touch. All have equally good results.
We work on 3 main areas of the body where lymph nodes are clustered:
- abdomen and groin
- breast and armpits
The body is suitably draped with sheets and towels to avoid discomfort.
VMLD is a great way to detoxify the body plus it feels great!
Benefits of the Veltheim Method of Lymphatic Drainage
Remarkable and dramatic changes to health can be observed with the VMLD technique. It provides a powerful way of supporting lymphatic health as a stand-alone treatment or as an integrative treatment within a BodyTalk System session.
Many clients have found the following benefits with VMLD:
- Reduces swelling caused by injury, pregnancy, surgery or trauma; helps alleviate puffy eyes, chronic oedema & lymphedema
- Helps to detoxify the body and drain toxins, cell wastes and harmful substances away from tissues
- Encourages tissue regeneration from burns, wounds, post-surgical scarring; assists with acne, cellulite & other skin conditions
- Reduces symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and arthritis
- Relieves muscle spasm, headaches, period pains, colds, allergies and sinusitis
- Balances the fluid in the blood and restores hydration of the skin
- Removes emotional and energetic blockages
- Improves the functioning of the immune system and parasympathetic nervous system
- Promotes healing of fractures, torn ligaments and sprains and reduces inflammation
- Increases energy and can give rise to weight loss
- Regulates bowel movements
- Restores movement to restricted connective tissue & muscles around joints when used in conjunction with rehab work
VMLD produces deep relaxation and relieves stress!
To book a session for Lymphatic Drainage in Bristol click here.
“I’d never had a lymphatic drainage treatment before meeting Helena and was apprehensive, intrigued and excited about it. She explained everything throughout the treatment and encouraged me to share the feelings and sensations. I was sceptical before, but I went away feeling refreshed, cleansed and clear headed. Since the treatment I’ve felt energised and generally really positive, more so than usual!” Amy